Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yes man?

No doubt you've seen it plenty of times in the press over the last week few weeks - but in case you've been on another planet and missed it, here it is: John Carver is a Geordie, he loves the club to bits and he worked with the great Sir Bobby Robson. 

Now that's all well and good, but does that qualify him to manager our club, or more importantly does that mean he will not be another 'yes man'? - I have my doubts.

Carver was Alan Pardew's closest lieutenant and strongly defended his boss against fan protests yet was quick to distant himself from AP when his former boss left for Crystal Palace

JC -"I am no Pardew clone. I’ve done some things different on the team meetings, how I’ve worked with the players is slightly different. I am my own man.
“This is how I look at it is you live by the sword, you die by the sword. If I don’t do it my way and I don’t get the job, then I’ll think ‘why didn’t I do it like that?’
“I’m going to do it my way and if I don’t do the job then at least I know I’ve done it my way.”
I am not sure if other than the 1st half at Chelsea we have seen any difference in how Carver and Pardew set up their teams.
Carver also wanted to make it clear he would not pander to boardroom pressure - yet immediately towed the company line in fielding a weakened team in the FA cup.
Carver is not the choice of the fans and will face an uphill struggle to convince the fans of how effective he can be as our head coach.

Carver needs to be his own man, stand up to the board and make the following demands to ensure our season does not just drift away into a relegation battle.
- A first team centre half must be brought in. We cannot finished the season with only Colo, Willo, and Dummett. Taylor is out for the season & unfortunately we have sold Mapou yanga M'biwa so a replacement must be signed.
- Moussa Sissoko must not be sold in January. He has been our best player & team leader this season. His future will be a press headline until the transfer window slams shut, but for the sake of our season any transfer must be put off till the summer.
Carver has 16 games to win over the fans & prepare the club for hopefully and exciting managerial appointment in the summer.

Good luck JC 
-
-


No comments:

Post a Comment