Monday, January 26, 2015

Carver till the summer

Today first team coach John Carver has been appointment Head Coach until May. Although this is something we all really saw coming I really cannot get excited about his appointment.

I am not convinced JC will be able to get this group of players going - will things be any different to his time at the club under Pardew? I think a clean break for the club would have been a better option - even on a short term deal. A new coach with new ideas, new faces around the club would have been beneficial. 

I while I can understand waiting till the summer if it means we can appoint a top coach, I am also concerned that nothing is set in place for the summer. Could we get De Boer, Tuchel, Garde etc... to sign a pre-contract agreement?

Its all good FDB saying he will talk to us in the summer - but what if there are better jobs available then? I see Steve McClaren is still linked - what is Derby are promoted?  I have the feeling we are just going to go through all this again in the summer rather than having it signed and sealed.

No doubt JC cares about the club and has been in and around the club for years - i am just unsure he has what it takes to be the leader. Of course i hope he proves me wrong. But right now Premiership survival has to be the main aim - i just hope he have not taken a massive risk in appointing JC.

No comments:

Post a Comment