Friday, September 19, 2014

St James Colosseum

Tomorrow Alan Pardew will face a toxic, poisonous atmosphere as NUFC face Hull City at St James. Football will become secondary to the planned protest organised by the lads over at Sackpardew.com. Pardew knows this is coming and must know the anger is at another level from what he faced against Cardiff City at the back end of last season where he was unable to leave his seat. Enough is enough Alan.

Pardew felt the heat last weekend at Southampton where around 2000 fans turned on him - how will he react when 52,000 demand his sacking on Saturday. I believe even a good performance & win will not subdue the crowd - we are way beyond that & there is simply no going back for Pardew at NUFC. 

National media will have you believe we are just a angry group of Gerodies turning on Pardew because he is a 'Southerner' - this boils my blood and really is bloody patronising. Look at the facts, look at our form, look at our playing staff then you might understand why we want Pardew out. How many manager would survive having only taken 18 points from a possible 69 in 2014? many have been sacked for less.

Pardew cannot fail to understand the feeling towards him - pick up the Chronicle, listen to the radio or talk to the man on the street and he must know he is no longer wanted at our club - Saturday will confirm this. I can only picture a scene from Gladiator where 52k Geordies will volcalise a thumb down vote.

During his pre match interview Pardew did nothing other than add fire to the flames by claiming NUFC fans were now acting hysterically & that our actions will effect the players performance. Not once does he suggest his lack of management,  tactical or motivational skill are to blame. This again is patronising from Pardew.




‘It's really gone to a level which makes it really difficult for players to perform in. The environment for the players will probably be as tough as it’s ever been and we have to accept that. I am hoping we can turn that around. I don't expect the start to be easy.’

He added: ‘I think I am the best person for the job – but I don't think our fans agree with that.

‘It has been suggested that I don’t care about this position, and that I’ve got this long contract and that I’m going through the motions – nothing could be further from the truth. I was absolutely sick after the game on Saturday. I have been hurt this week.’  

At any other club, with any other owner Pardew would be gone. Will a defeat against Hull seal his fate? It should. I believe Ashley is hoping his will quit, yet with Pardew's ego there is little chance of that. What a mess.

- Finally it would me wrong of me not to mention Jonas Gutierrez who revealed this week he is suffering with cancer. This really puts things into perspective and shows how insignificant football is compared to real life health issues. Best wishes Jonas - hopefully you make a fully & speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment